|Postal code & Place||3063 AT Rotterdam|
The most interesting fields in information technology are those closest to technology. My primary interest is in software development and design. Consultancy can be offered on a broad range of information technology topics. A special focus is on process consultancy, software development, open source and Java/J2EE
Although in the past I have successfully fulfilled the role of team leader and project manager, my interests lie with more technical roles.
August 2002 - Present: StrongHold conversion tools
Design and development of the StrongHold tools to convert Cognos Powerhouse to Java. Coaching and consultancy in successfully converting a complete business application with StrongHold. The tools are owned and developed by Brains2B. The StrongHold tools and framework were perfected and tested in close cooperation with the customers. The current release is 1.2 which supports both client-server and 3-tier service and supports Java 6.0. Please look at StrongHold for more information.
September 2008 – June 2009 SOA implementation for Insurance software
Unlocking the potential of existing software for the insurance branch and connecting front-ends to these services. Design and consultancy for SOA, ESB and Mash-up implementation and governance.
Tasks: Architecture, Design and development of services within SOA. Coaching of developers and architects.
Tools: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle iAS, IBM Websphere, IBM MQ-Series, JDeveloper, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Ajax, LDAP
February 2006 ‚Äì August 2006 Business-to-business car lease supplier service
Design and development of an electronic service for automatic receiving and processing of invoices. This service was implemented within a service oriented architecture (SOA) and is fully XML driven.
Job requirements: Design, development, define company standards for SOA
Tools: Oracle RDMBS, Oracle iAS, encryption, XML
December 2005: re-design of Talentscape
Improving an existing tool for a HRM competence model and improving the underlying architecture.
Requirements: design, refactoring, code-review
Tools: MySql, J2EE: JSP, Servlets, Struts, Jasper reports
Mei 2005 ‚Äì Augustus 2005: re-design and design for 'Digitale Balie'
Improving and extending functionality for an application used by local government to better service their citizens.
Requirements: design, architecture, development, liaison with developers in India.
Knowledge and Experience
I have a very broad knowledge of ICT in general and practical experience with a large number of development environments, ranging from Visual Basic to Java and from JSP to Php. There is also extensive knowledge of nearly all computer platforms and current practices in software development, ranging from Agile and Extreme Programming to CMM and DSDM. I have expert level knowledge of Java/J2EE, different application servers and Oracle databases and development tools. Currently I contribute and own different open source initiatives for Java software development.
- 1997-1998 Master of Arts Political Science, Columbia University New York
- 1991-1995 Doctorandus in Political Science at the University of Leiden, specialized in Political Theory. Propedeuse in 1992
- 1989-1991 VWO-diploma
- 1984-1989 HAVO-diploma
- 1998 Oracle Graduate Program for Partners
- 1998-2001 ICT Consultant for Atos Origin in the Netherlands. The job consisted of designing technical architectures for multi-tier solutions and business to business applications, pre-sales activities and product development for Oracle and Java. I also did project management for teams between 3 and 5 people. Before this I worked in the capacity of software-engineer with Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Designer, Developer and web applications, specialized in solving technical issues and infrastructural problems. The organizational unit I worked for is specialized in doing software engineering projects according to CMM level 3. Part of my time was spent coaching colleagues and writing business proposals.
- 1996-1997 Software Development Manager and System operator for Stichting Tolkencentrum . Working with Novell, Windows NT, Windows '95, Oracle and Office applications. Technical and practical software design. Co-ordinating internal and external progress for different IT projects for the national 'Tolkencentra'
- 1994-1996 Freelance work programming, maintaining computers, developing software doing desktop publishing and artwork assignments for advertising and publishing. Experience with Unix, Windows, Novell, C,C++, Visual Basic, Corel and Adobe software and general business and personal software
- 1993-1994 Assistant system operator with Eurodidakt B.V. doing information technology projects for logistic purposes and accounting. General IT maintenance was also part of my job. Experience with Novell, System/36 and written some applications in C,C++ and Dbase.
Reading, programming, writing and travel